1. Zest one lemon using a grater or microplane, turning the lemon as you go to only remove the yellow part of the peel. If you do not have a grater or microplane, you can use a vegetable peeler or knife.
2. Cut that lemon in half and squeeze out 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. (If your lemon is too dry to give you 2 tablespoons of juice, you will have to use an additional lemon).
3. In a liquid measuring cup mix together 1/4 cup real maple syrup and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Set aside for serving.
4. Preheat nonstick griddle by placing over low heat.
5. Pour one cup of plant milk into small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and stir well. Let sit.
6. In a lage bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Stir with whisk to mix well.
7. Stir milk mixture into dry mixture gently with a rubber spatula, until just combined. For tender pancakes, do not over mix.
8. Gently fold in blueberries.
9. Turn up griddle heat to medium high.
10. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle for each pancake.
11. You can flip the pancakes when bubbles start to form in the middle and the cooked side looks light golden brown.
12. After flipping, cook for about 2 more minutes or until that side is also golden brown.
13. Serve with your maple syrup & lemon juice mix. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.