1. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 400˚F.
2. Add the plant milk, flour, aquafaba, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt (if using) in a bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a shallow pan. Stir in the orange zest and mix well.
3. Warm the skillet over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, letting it soak for a few seconds. Turn over and soak for a few more seconds.
4. Place the bread in the skillet and cook for about two minutes. Carefully turn it over to cook the other side for two minutes. Make sure to cook until golden brown. Place the toast on the wire rack and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
5. Mix together berries, applesauce, and maple syrup in a blender and pulse until sauce reaches a chunky consistency.
6. Serve the french toast warm with the berry compote.
Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.